Finn Hogstad is the employee with the longest experience in HS-News Systems. – When I started during the summer of 1996, I was given a totally blank computer without any software. The times were different back then, says Hogstad.
– I started my career as a Mechanic apprentice at, what was then called, Kongsberg weapon factory or just the «Factory» as we say in the city of Kongsberg.
– Later I went on as an industrial mechanic at Vestfossen Mek. Then I ended up working for Media Craft AS, where some of us went on to start the company which today is HS News Systems.
During the almost 26 years Finn Hogstad has been employed by HS News Systems, there has been a rapid technological development.
– Of course it’s fun to have been part of the whole journey of the company. In the beginning, we drew the packaging systems in 2D format. It was a terrible job, which was both difficult and time consuming.
– Transforming a two dimension drawing into a three dimension drawing is not always easy and straight forward.
– Fortunately, today we have far better tools and software compared to what we had back in the days. What took us half a year to develop, now only takes a couple of months. In that regard, the turnaround time has decreased significantly, Hogstad explains.
Ever changing markets
Finn believes the future is bright for HS News Systems. With new and fast developing consumer behavior, new opportunities and markets open up for HS News Systems.
– The pandemic has really accelerated the e-commerce market, and new trading patterns are emerging. Because of that we have delivered two brand new pilot plants in Denmark for sorting e-commerce packages and bags.
–The past two years has really shown us the importance of being in tune with these new and ever changing markets. We thrive to be a part of these changes, Finn explains.
–Our new headquarters is built specifically for our needs and workflow. This enables us to deliver even better products and systems for our customers.
It has been an exciting journey. I can´t wait for the continuation!Finn Hogstad,Mechanical Engineer